Ok so lets talk about these lil fish shaped crackers. They are everywhere! Snack day, preschools, sporting events, bday parties! If there is an event with kids there, the go to snack choice to satisfy the masses is usually that lil salty, cheesy fish! I have to admit, they are pretty tasty and go well with coffee! Weird, I know, started when I was pregnant. Lol. Then I got smart and started reading labels! Understanding how bad processed foods are and that 75% of processed foods contain GMO's, I thought.....Lets just make those lil crackers ourselves ORGANIC and know whats in them! I found a genius mom on Smitten Kitchen who came up with a recipe to make her own! They only have 4-5 ingredients and are rather tasty!!!!
I didn't have a fish cracker cookie cutter, but you can order online or I heard of people making their own out of an aluminum can. I haven't gotten that far and that is why mine look like CHICKEN NUGGETS! Lol I was hesitant of sharing the picture bc of it!! HA HA Mine was a santa cutter, but apparently his head is the shape of processed chicken!
makes~ 100 1 1/2"
- 6 oz (1 1/2 C Grated) sharp cheddar
- 4 tbs butter cold, grated
- 1/2 C whole wheat Flour
- 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/8-1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder (optional)
- Preheat Oven 350*. Combine all ingredients in food processor or by hand until dough forms into a ball.
2. If it feels too warm, put into fridge for half hour which will make it easier to transfer shapes to pan. On lightly floured surface and pin-Roll out the dough.
|Heathers batch-looks more like cheez its :)|
Then enjoy!!! Hope you like them! We sure do!