My kids like to snack, so I try to provide them with heathier, non processed options. I make them these granola bars often but they never end up the same bc I always add new things.This is one of the ways we like it, feel free to add what you and your family likes to the mix.Ingredients
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C wheat germ or ground flax seed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C chips-chocolate, peanut butter, butterscoth,white chocalate (choose your fav or do all)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 C health bar morsels (optional)
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven 350*. Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together: oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, chocolate chips, health bar and salt. Mix in honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands if need be until well blending. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 30-35 mins until golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Thats it! You can add raisins, nuts or anything really to this recipe. Its a base recipe that I throw together and add whatever I have in the cupboard. I really like to add toasted coconut into the mix! So yummy!! Hope you and your family ENJOYS!!