Cause Bracelet Keychain

Monday, December 17, 2012

Cranberry Orange Sauce


 



I have never been a huge cranberry sauce fan, but when our friend over at Diva Di Cucina shared her yummy recipe, I am now its #1 FAN! I made it for Thanksgiving and it really is fantastic! I plan on making it again as a side to accompany the Turkey I make for our families Xmas Eve dinner(even if I do joke I'm making a TOFURKEY).


 



Its well worth the tiny bit of effort to have such a delicious side! Its recommended to make at least 6 hours ahead of time to let it thicken. Its great bc I can have it done the day before Xmas Eve and ready to go while I prepare all the other food. I doubled the batch last time, but will not next time. This recipe makes plenty the way it is.

   Here's What You Need:
  • 2 C Sugar
  • 1 orange, juice & zest
  • 1 lime, juice & zest
  • 1/4 C cider Vinegar
  • 1/4 red wine
  • 1/2 C dried cranberries
  • 1 Cinnamon stick
  • 1/4 C grand marnier or other orange liqueur                          
  • Here's what You Do:
  1. Combine sugar, zests, juices, vinegar, wine, dried cranberries, and the Cinnamon stick into a medium size sauce pan.
  2. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves~stirring constantly
  3. Bring to a boil, and let boil for 3 minutes

      4. Fold in fresh Cranberries & orange liqueur


5. Simmer and stir occasionally until cranberries start to break open ~15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat & allow to cool before storing in the fridge until ready to serve.


This really is a great side dish! Check out Diva di Cucina for some other yummy recipes.



written by Brandi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More