Cause Bracelet Keychain

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Revamp that VASE





I have a small collection of odd sized vases under my kitchen sink that I rarely use and that are pretty much just taking up space. I thought......Brandi, what can I do with these? That's when I went to my trusted glue gun and Jute and got to work. This is what I came up with and think its cute and could be used for different things.

                       Its really easy and takes less then 10 minutes to make. Well worth  it I think!
Supplies:
  • jute or thick twine
  • glue gun and sticks
  • vase (any size)


Directions:
  1. Starting at bottom of vase, glue around edge about 2-3 inches at a time and wrap your jute around. Continue gluing and wrapping close to itself until you get to top, never cutting jute.

     2. When you get to top, cut jute and finish gluing to cover all glass.
     3. Make flowers same as in DIY Picture Frame. You start by gluing end of jute to itself and wrapping and gluing edge as you go until get desired size.


****this isn't glued-don't want gap***
      4. Glue flowers (I did 2) to bottom of vase. That's it! 


I like mine holding a Xmas sparkly flower:


But looks cute with the DIY Picture Frame:


Or to hold your pens and such:


This would be really cute with any size vase! I am going to do a large one to hold sunflowers in the summer :) Its great bc it still holds water and is way cuter then seeing the stems of your flowers. Happy Re-vamping!!!!



written By Brandi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More