Cause Bracelet Keychain

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

2 Weeks of Lunches in Under 30 Minutes


 First off, let me say that my husband has to be one of the pickiest eaters EVER!  He doesn't like sandwiches from home, beans, mushrooms, lentils, gravy, eggs, soup, shredded chicken, yogurt, potato salad, pasta salad, most salads, eggplant, tuna, roast beef, and the list goes on and on and on!  He would be happy with a hot pocket or corn dog but I would really love to keep him around for awhile so I had to come up with something healthy that he would actually eat.

My husband is a PASTA lover! He could eat it everyday........ and he does!!!! Once every two weeks I cut, dice, and pack 10 lunches. It saves me money, time and a lot of stress doing it this way.

The first thing to do is take out all of the ingredients that you want to add to the pasta (minus the sauce and noodles).

Here are the ingredients my husband likes:
    - onions
    - bell peppers
    - garlic
    - jalapeno peppers
    - kielbasa / hamburger meat / sausage or vegetarian      kielbasa



Then cut everything up and put it in a big bowl.




I then get out my baggies and put 1 cup of the filling in each bag to put in the freezer.



It's that easy!!!!

Each morning when I get up I start the water for the noodles and let them cook while I am making the boys' lunches. When the pasta is done, I drain them in the sink, then use the same pan to saute my veggies/meat in a tsp of olive oil. Add your pasta sauce and noodles and then pack it up. If you ever walk by my house around 7:00, you might see me jumping up and down with my hands in the air......... that means lunches are done.:) 

I feel good sending my hard working husband off with a nice, fresh, healthy, hot lunch everyday.  He takes care of the things I don't like to worry about (paying the bills) and I like to take care of the things he doesn't like to worry about (healthy eating).

I have been packing his lunch in the same lunch box for 4 YEARS!!! It's amazing!




Mr. Bento:

Mr. Bento has 4 containers that stay hot or cold, a great bag to carry it in, and its very own spork.  I always pack the two bottom containers with the hot lunch, the very top with a treat and the middle one with fruit.

As an added bonus, if you ever need a quick dinner for the family you can always take 3 lunch packs and throw them over rice with teriyaki sauce or make pasta for the family.  I also use this method for making taco's.  I cut up all my veggies and add them to the hamburger meat in a baggie.  I don't eat meat but my family still likes to, so this is a way to use less meat and more veggies.:)

Happy lunch making!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
-Heather (Polliwog)

2 comments:

just discovered your blog...great ideas!

I am just shocked there aren't tons of comments on your posts. This blog is wonderful. Thank you!
alive becasue of Christ,
Erica
www.alivebecauseofchrist.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More