Cause Bracelet Keychain

Friday, November 16, 2012

Healthy Cheesy Popcorn recipe

video by Heather

 

Ok, so let me start off by saying that I LOVE me some popcorn!! Heather knows since we were kids that I am a huge cheese fan and when she said she was going to make me "Cheesy Pop" I was like heck yea, bring it on. Then she whipped out some flaky stuff that said nutritional yeast on it, I was like, "Hold up, wait! Uh uuh, I don't want that".  But she made it anyway and let me tell YOU, once you go Cheesy Pop, you NEVER go back!!!

I cant tell you how much I love this stuff! The kids love it too so I always make a lot because if I don't, its like a race to get your share. 
Not only is this stuff yummy on popcorn it is healthy too. I became a Vegetarian a few months back and this lil magic dust help me to meet my nutritional needs. It has a rich source of B-complex vitamins, including B12. It also contains calcium, folate, Iron, vitamin C and zinc. It’s low in fat, gluten-free and contains no added sugars or preservatives.

Ingredients:
-popcorn kernels
-nutritional yeast (I buy mine at local health food store, Heather at whole foods)
-butter
-sea or regular salt.
POP, pour half butter, sprinkle with yeast and salt, mix and repeat. You can put on as much or least as you want. I like a lot ;)

**Another great dish is to use it just the same way (lot less salt) on pasta and make a cheesy pasta-the kids really enjoy!

Really, you have to try this stuff, you will not be disappointed!! If you just stop by my house, 99% chance is that I will have a bowl already made ;)


written and taste approved by Brandi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More