Cause Bracelet Keychain

Friday, November 30, 2012

Dog Treats

DIY Dog Treats



 Have you ever looked at the ingredients of most dog treats?  

My new puppy has become a big part of my family and I like to feed my family healthy food.  There are a lot of treats you can buy without all the extra ingredients, but they are more money then I want to pay.  Is there a way to have cheap and healthy dog treats?  YES!

Here are two great recipes to make for "mans best friend".

Sweet Potato Chews



Only 1 ingredient- SWEET POTATO

I used three sweet potatoes I got from the farmers market.  Tell them you are making dog treats and see if they have any sweet potatoes that aren't "pretty" enough to sell. You can usually get them a lot cheaper. 

 1.  Set oven to 250*

2.  Peel you SP

3.   Slice your SP.  I used my food processor to slice the SP about 1/3 inch thick.  It was VERY fast this way, but if you don't have a food processor then just use a knife. 

3.  Put SP slices on baking sheet covered with parchment paper





4. Bake for 3 hours.  Turning once.

5.  Let cool and then put in refrigerator for up to three weeks or freezer for up to 4 months

Recipe from:  http://www.dogtreatkitchen.com/sweet-potato-dog-chew.html



Sweet Potato and Apple Dog Treats

Ingredients:

-  1 sweet potato
-  2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
-  1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce ( I just used a peeled apple that I put in the blender)
-  2 Eggs

1. Cook your sweet potatoes.  Prick with a fork and Microwave until tender, about 6 mins or cook in oven at 350* for about 45 min.

2.  Scoop out about 1 cup of sweet potato and put in bowl and mash.  You can feed the skin to your dog as a treat while your cooking.  

3.   Mix the applesauce, flour, and eggs in with your sweet potato.  I just put the applesauce, sweet potato and eggs in my blender and then added it to the flour. 



4.  Form a ball and roll out 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface.  (I have mats that I used instead of the floured surface)



5. Cut out shapes using cooking cutters.  Arrange cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.






6. Bake until crisp, ~35 to 45 minutes. 

recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/super-simple-sweet-potato-dog-treats/


These are even safe for your kids to eat!
My older boys thought they were gross, but the youngest liked them.




Lets see if Posey likes them................... 
















2 comments:

Hi Dear, are you actually visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so
then you will without doubt obtain pleasant knowledge.

My blog :: como

It is not surprising they are therefore accountable for a number of complaints in dogs. To know more about antler dog chews, browse this site.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More